Free Basic Computer Courses
U3A Ringwood is a partner of the Federal Government’s Be Connected program and offers FREE basic computer classes. You do not need to be a U3A Ringwood member to sign up for our Be Connected courses. However you do need to:
- Be aged 50 years and older plus
- Be registered with the Be Connected program and
- Nominate U3A Ringwood as your support centre.
We can register you, on your behalf, if your prefer.
Please complete the following application for our free Be Connected courses.
Class participants will receive mentoring on topics such as:
- Getting to know your device
- Safety first
- Online skills
- Connecting to others
- ISPs, Wi-Fi networks and mobile networks
- Loading and using apps on your devices
- Using online shopping and banking
- Using social media
- Looking up information such as news, weather, recipes, price comparisons, etc
- And much more
You can bring your own device to the new classes or use our Win10 laptops.
The classes are not just for novices – they are ideal refresher courses and can be done at home or at U3A Ringwood.